The library has materials in a number of different formats: books, large print books, audio books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, videos, nooks, e-books and Internet access.
Your Library Card
- Apply at the Library—no charge.
- Under 14—parent or guardian signature required.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries and beyond.
- Lost cards—$1 to replace.
- 28 days—Books, audiobooks, nooks, magazines, compact discs.
- 2 weeks—DVDs.
- 1 week-New high demand DVDs
- Renewals may be made by phone, in person or online.
- Reserves may be placed by phone, in person or online.
- No limits on the number of books & magazines
- 3 videos, 3 CDs, 3 DVDs.
- 1 nook (must be 18)
- 1 ipod (must be 18)
- Occasional assignment-related materials may be limited
Return of Library Materials
- Materials may be returned at the Monticello Public Library, or at any other public library in the South Central Library System
- An outside bookdrop is provided by the Library on the east side of the building.
Materials not available locally may be requested through Interlibrary Loan. The library has direct access to 2.8 million items in LINKcat. Delivery of materials comes Monday, Tuesday, Wendesday, Thursday, Friday.
Fines for most items are 5¢ per day (excluding Sundays)
- Videos & DVDs—$1 per day
- Interlibrary Loan items
- Materials checked out at other libraries. (These are subject to the fines of the lending library.
Postcards are sent or calls are made to patrons when materials are 2 weeks overdue
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Books: The publisher's price plus $5 processing cost.
- CDs: $25
- Videos: $15.99
- DVDs: $25.99
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always needed and very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.