Book and Material Donations
Welcomed Materials Donations
Materials that are most welcome include:
- Recent fiction/nonfiction books in good condition, that have been published in that last 10 years
- Children's books in good condition, that have been published in the last 10 years
- Books on CD, as well as DVDs and BluRay Movie Discs in excellent condition
- Puzzles in excellent condition
Due to space and storage limitations, the library cannot accept the following types of materials:
- Old encyclopedia sets
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Books that are more than ten years old (except local history)
- Books previously discarded from libraries
- Items that are tattered, yellowed, musty, and/or stained
- Items that are highlighted, written in, or that have loose pages
- Paperbacks that are obviously worn
- Computer software and computer manuals
- DVDs that have visible wear
- VHS Movies, cassette tapes, 8-tracks, or vinyl
Your items will be accepted at the Desk during business hours. Receipts are available for donated items, though staff cannot place a monetary value on them.
Endowment – Leave a Legacy
Invest in the library and leave a legacy of learning for future generations. Checks can be made out to the Monticello Public Library mentioning "Endowment Fund" in the notes and mailed to the library at 512 E. Lake Ave, Monticello, WI 53570 attn: Director. Funds will be added to our account with the South Central Library System Foundation and invested to grow for future projects. Other methods of donations include gifts of cash, securities, property, bequests, beneficiary designations, memorials, and stocks.
Volunteering at the Monticello Public Library is a wonderful way to make a positive impact in your community. The library is eternally grateful to volunteers who donate their time and expertise to make the library better for our community.
Volunteer opportunities include: shelving materials, working on special projects, and helping out at library programs as well as opportunities to serve on the Monticello Public Library Board.
If you are interested in a volunteer opportunity, please call the Director at 608-938-4011 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also support your library by contacting to your local, state, and federal elected officials with testimonials about how your library has helped you and how important libraries are to you. Contact our staff at email@example.com or 608-938-4011 if you need assistance finding your elected officials.
Questions? Please call Library Director at 608-938-4011.