Monticello Public Library Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, May22, 2017
Call to Order and Roll Call: The meeting of the Monticello Public Library Board was called to order by President Anne Schultz at 5:57 PM. Members Present: Stephen Scanlan, Anne Schultz, Ann Kaderly, Barbara Duerst, Library Director, Sharon Briggs.
Approval of Agenda: Motion by Barb Duerst, seconded by Ann Kaderly to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
Approval of Minutes: Motion by Barb Duerst, seconded by Ann Kaderly to approve the April 2017 minutes. Motion carried.
Approval of Bills: Motion by Barb Duerst, seconded by Ann Kaderly to approve the May 2017 bills. Motion carried.
- Ann DeNure was appointed Library Board Trustee to represent Monticello School District.
- Motion was made by Stephen Scanlan and seconded by Barb Duerst that Barb Duerst and Ann Kaderly would be joint secretaries for the board. Motion carried.
1. Working on Summer Reading Program
2. Weeding DVDs, Large Print, audiocds, and Adult Fiction
3. Participated in the Monticello Community Garage Sales on May 20th with Book/DVD Sale; will continue our sale for a couple more weeks.
4. Had four high schoolers paint the trim on our shed and weed around the library building on May 12, 20017 for High School Community Service Day.
5. Kay & Terry Argue planted our planters and added annuals and mulch to our back garden.
6. Holtzs are cutting down the pine tree which is mixing in with our tree, and asked if they could use our parking lot for graduation overflow parking.
7. Book Group reads Elizabeth Koehler-Penacoff’s book, THE MISSING KENNEDY on June 21, 2017
8. June Adult Program is Ruthann Bessman teaching Origami. June 12th at 6:30 p.m.
9. Carolyn gone on vacation: June 10-14.
10. Zoe shows MERMAID’S TALE after school on June 25th.
Future Agenda Items: A. Schultz reviewed the following future agenda items:
- Budget (to begin process July, 2017)
- Comparison of library staff salaries across Green County
- Librarian Leave of Absence 2018
- Ordinances and Statutes related to the Library
- Review formula for County funding
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 6:25 PM
Next Meeting: June 26th 6:00 pm.
COMMITTEE: MONTICELLO PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
DATE: MONDAY, June 26, 2017
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Monticello Public Library
512 East Lake Avenue
1. Call to order and roll call
2 Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of May Minutes
4. Approval of Bills
5. Unfinished Business:
A. Trustee Appointment
B. Library Tour
6. New Business:
A. Green County Funding Formula
B. 2018 Budget
C. Village Ordinance and Statutes Relating to Library
7. Librarian’s Report
8. Next Meeting Date: July 31, 2017
(May include associated and relevant business)