The library has materials in a number of different formats: books, large print books, audio books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, nooks, e-books and Internet access.
Your Library Card
- Apply at the Library—no charge.
- Under 14—parent or guardian signature required.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries and beyond.
- 28 days—Books, audiobooks, nooks, magazines, compact discs.
- 2 weeks—DVDs.
- 1 week-New high demand DVDs
- Up to 2 renewals per item may be made by phone, in person, or online.
- Reserves may be placed by phone, in person, or online.
Return of Library Materials
- Materials may be returned at the Monticello Public Library, or at any other public library in the South Central Library System
- An outside bookdrop is provided by the Library on the east side of the building.
Materials not available locally may be requested through Interlibrary Loan. The library has direct access to 2.8 million items in LINKcat. Delivery of materials comes Monday, Tuesday, Wendesday, Thursday, Friday.
- ebooks and audio books are availabel through the Wisconsin Digital Library.
- Magazines are available on Flipster.
Emails are sent to patron's who have provided a current email address.
Postcards are sent or calls are made on Thursdays to patrons when materials are overdue.
Lost or Damaged Materials
The publisher's price plus $5 processing cost.
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.