The library has materials in a number of different formats: books, large print books, audio books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, nooks, e-books and Internet access.
Your Library Card
- Apply at the Library—no charge.
- Under 14—parent or guardian signature required.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries and beyond.
- 28 days—Books, audiobooks, nooks, magazines, compact discs
- 2 weeks—DVDs
- 1 week-New high demand DVDs and Adult Fiction titles
- Up to 2 renewals per item may be made by phone, in person, or online
- Reserves may be placed by phone, in person, or online
Return of Library Materials
- Materials may be returned at the Monticello Public Library, or at any other public library in the South Central Library System
- An outside bookdrop is provided by the Library on the east side of the building.
Outer Library Loan (OLL)
Materials not available locally may be requested through Outer Library Loan. Please visit our Outer Library Loan page for full details.
EBooks and audio books are availabel through the Wisconsin Digital Library.
Lost or Damaged Materials
The publisher's price plus $5 processing cost.
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.