Phased Reopening Guidelines
The library has materials in a number of different formats: books, large print books, audio books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, nooks, e-books and Internet access.
Your Library Card
- Apply at the Library—no charge.
- Download an application here to fill out ahead of time or pick one up at the library.
- ID and Proof of Address required.
- Under 16—parent or guardian signature required.
- We are a fine free library.
- Cards honored at all Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Portage, Sauk & Wood County Public Libraries and beyond.
- If materials are checked out at a different library, you may be liabile for overdue fines based on their meterials policy.
- 28 days—Books, audiobooks, nooks, CDs
- 2 weeks—DVDs, new adult fiction, magazines
- 1 week—New DVDs
- Up to 2 renewals per item may be made by phone, in person, or online
- Reserves may be placed by phone, in person, or online
Return of Library Materials
- Materials may be returned at the Monticello Public Library, or at any other public library in the South Central Library System
- An outside bookdrop is provided by the Library on the east side of the building.
Outer Library Loan (OLL)
Materials not available locally may be requested through Outer Library Loan. Please visit our Outer Library Loan page for full details.
Audiobooks and eBooks are availabel through the Wisconsin Digital Library.
Lost or Damaged Materials
The publisher's price plus $5 processing cost.
Contributions, memorials and gifts are always very much appreciated. Contact the library for more information.
Internet Safety & Computer Policy
The Library Board has approved the Internet Safety & Computer Policy to provide equitable computer access to citizens.
The Library’s wired and wireless networks are filtered to comply with the provisions of the Children’s Internet Protection Act, the Neighborhood Children’s Internet Protection Act, and the Protecting Children in the 21st Century Act.